Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Challenge #12 - Use a Nautical Theme

Welcome to The Card Concept. This week we are excited to welcome Colleen Dietrich to our design team! Welcome, Colleen!!! Karen Davis has decided to step down to focus on work. Thank you Karen for your gorgeous creations and teamwork! You will be missed!


This week we have a theme for you to try! You must use the theme and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. 

The styles are explained HERE.


Clean & Simple


Clean & Graphic
Traditional nautical colors, including the navy & white in the photo, were the source of inspiration for my card. 


Clean & Layering

Kerin Sylvester


The anchors in the photo really caught my eye, so I used them as my inspiration.


Shabby Chic

Narelle Farrugia 



I love a nautical themed challenge so I've gone to town on every nautical element I could find!


Freestyle Collage

Cathy Weber


I was in die-cut heaven while making this card!


Classy & Elegant



The cool, soothing neutrals in the photo really inspired me!


Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, June 23 at Noon (PST).


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice welcome! I am so excited to be part of the Card Concept team. :)

    Beautiful examples this week from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the design team cards are amazing!! there is a nautical theme at Creative Card Crew which you should pop over and take part! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration, I just linked my card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been peeking in at this challenge, but haven't participated yet. (Looks fun!) What is the keyword for our online gallery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love nautical themes. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried linking, but it didn't work

    Here is my card: http://kapstamps.blogspot.com/2014/06/nautical-concept.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried linking, but it didn't work

    Here is my card: http://kapstamps.blogspot.com/2014/06/nautical-concept.html

    ReplyDelete