Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Card Concept #30 {Thinking of You!}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!


This week we are hoping this picture inspires you to create a Thinking of You card! Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...


March Classy & Elegant Guest Designer


This month we are focusing on Classy & Elegant designs and have mega talented Virginia Lu joining us as our guest designer! We are sure you are already familiar with her, but if you aren't you must visit her blog to check our her amazing talent. She is the hostess for the very popular Virginia's View Challenge and currently on the design teams for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog, StampNation and CAS-ual Fridays. Here is how Virginia was inspired by our new challenge...



Clean & Simple

Kristie Goulet

 The fresh flowers inspired me to create my own bouquet.

tracey_CC#30
I was inspired by the feeling of springtime the flowers evoke.

Clean & Graphic
The lovely mauve lilacs or hyacinth (bottom right in vase) inspired my card.


Clean & Layered

Kerin Sylvester

I was inspired by the "Spring-y" color scheme.


I love the soft, pretty colors!

Shabby Chic

I adore the softness of the colours in the flowers from the inspiration picture, so I tried to match them on my card.

Debbie Marcinkiewicz



Freestyle Collage

Laura Jane
I wanted to try a one layer Freestyle/Collage using the color palette from the photo.

Lea Lawson
I was inspired by the beautiful flowers & fresh spring colors.


Classy & Elegant

Angela Maine
My antique version of the inspiration's pretty flowers.

Sheri Gilson

I was inspired by the soft colors and the texture of the vase.


Mixed Media


Yoonsun Hur
I love the lovely blooms so much!!  

Julie Gearinger
I was inspired by the beautiful colors and texture.

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!


This challenge will end on Monday, March 16th at Noon (PST).





6 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards from the inspiration team and such a lovely challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for having me as the guest designer! I am so honored to be amongst you all. Big thanks to the design team for their gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards ladies! Beautiful work! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspiration from the DT! If I get some time I must try another card in the Classy & Elegant style, great card Virginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning DT makes!! I entered a tag, which is illegal probably? Please delete if so! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete