Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Card Concept #29 {Get Well Soon)

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!



This week we are hoping this picture inspires you to create a GET WELL card! Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.

The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...

Freestyle Collage Guest Designer


Clean & Simple

Kristie Goulet

I was inspired by the fun colors to make a card for a young child.





The bright colours inspired me to go with cute germs for my get well card.


Clean & Graphic

Cindy Lovell
 My card was inspired by the pretty bright colors and star shape

My CAG design was inspired by the vibrant colors and the
thin black line running through the centre of the photo.

Clean & Layered

Kerin Sylvester
I was inspired by the bright colors and patterns.

The colors are so bright and cheerful!

Shabby Chic

Narelle Farrugia


I tried to get as many of those fabulous bright colours from the inspiration pic as I could for my Get Well Soon card.

Debbie Marcinkiewicz

Besides the 'get well soon' theme, I was inspired by all the bright and cheery colors to create a card fullof lots of layers and yummy embellishments!


Freestyle Collage

Laura Jane
The bright cheerful Stars really inspired this one!!

Lea Lawson
I was inspired by the colors, and used muted versions of them!

Classy & Elegant

Get well cards should be colorful and cheery

Sheri Gilson
I was inspired to create a monochromatic Get Well card.


Mixed Media
Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, March 2nd at Noon (PST).




4 comments:

  1. I love your bright and festive colored star inspiration ~ so perfect for a get well challenge! All the Team's cards are just fabulous!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge & fabulous inspiration from the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well cards aren't something I normally make but something I should....thanks for the challenge :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love card 20, very bright and light and cheery - perfect for when you might not be feeling the best a need to get well soon.

    ReplyDelete