Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Challenge #17 - Be Inspired...

Welcome to The Card Concept. 

Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here. 

The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge! 

So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!


The styles are explained HERE.




Doing white on white creates a great CAS card.

Kristie Larsen

Inspired by the flowers and the stitched headboard!



Ardyth Percy-Robb


Choosing one element and keeping the scale small keeps your card clean and graphic!

Mary Marsh


 My inspiration is the color - rectangles, circles, lines form my graphic design.





Kay Miller


I was inspired by the leafy design on the comforter to create my leafy tree!

Cindy Lovell


 I was inspired by the flower and of course the colors.



Debbie Marcinkiewicz

I was inspired by the off-center floral pattern, color palette and dots (mine are in the lace pattern of the doilie and the dots of the machine stitching).

Sue Trembeth


The paper piercing adds the connecting dots that tie this card to the inspiration photo.

I was inspired by the shapes and shadows in the photo.

Kim Heggins


I was inspired by the shape of beautiful leaves on the quilt. 

A small bouquet can add a little elegance

Yoonsun Hur


I was inspired by the flower and the fresh colours!


Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, September 1 at Noon (PST).


14 comments:

  1. where are the samples from the design team members?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Technical difficulties...all fixed now.
      Thanks for letting us know.
      Smiles,
      Lesley

      Delete
  2. The collection closes time needs to be corrected, it's already counting down hours instead of days. Great inspiration photo, ideas are swirling in my head already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen for letting us know. I will fix it.
      Smiles,
      Lesley

      Delete
  3. Excellent inspirational photo! I may use it again to create another card! Thanks so much for all you do....LOVE seeing all the cards that can/will be created with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The design team cards are all amazing this week, so many ways to interpret this photo - I love it. Have a 'simply' super week Cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, this was WORTH it Just AMAZING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Angela and LauraJane, two fabulous card artists! This challenge was so cool!! Your cards just blew my mind and I couldn't wait to play!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the inspiration picture! the DT's have rocked the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this photo, so inspiring. I couldn't comment on the card before me as it is on Splitcoasters and I can't get my login to work! So have commented on a few others x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous inspiration! And, love the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maura (card 26) - I just wanted to say I really love your card. I couldn't leave a comment on your SCS site… I love the imperfectness of the water coloring and how it's not entirely in the lines - it's just a beautiful effect. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete