Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Challenge #6 - Create a Birthday Card

Welcome to The Card Concept. 

This challenge we have a new theme for you to try! You must use the theme and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. 






The styles are explained HERE.


Clean & Simple

tracey_CC6

Inspired by the colours and the longing for spring to arrive I created a one layer garden. Hope to see one out my kitchen window soon!



Keep your focal point to one side of your card to allow for lots of white space.


Clean & Graphic



Substitute complex shapes with circles for a clean and graphic design - simple, bubbly and fun!



The angles of the stripes and sentiment create nice movement without compromising a clean & graphic style.


Clean & Layering

Kay Miller


I was inspired by the pretty colors in the inspiration photo. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the blue, but I did use the salmon and green.

Kerin Sylvester


My card doesn't even begin to resemble the inspiration photo, but it inspired me to use lots of white with pops of color!


Shabby Chic

Narelle Farrugia 



I was tempted to add a cake to my card but in the end I stuck with the pretty colours in the flowers from the inspiration pic. 

I was inspired by the colors - orange, green, yellow and blue and I anchored everything with white to make it come together.  I created this for a masculine birthday -- I tried to approach a more 'clean' shabby chic style with lots of layers and embellishments instead of lace and flowers this week!


Freestyle Collage



The cluster of pretty flowers on the cake, and the pattern on the cake stand, were the inspiration for my card this week. A direct approach. 



I was inspired by the texture of the cake and of course,the flowers and beautiful colors!


Classy & Elegant

Lesley Croghan (Guest Designer)


I was inspired by the colours in the photo and the pretty flowers! I added a lot of paper layers to the main panel of my card and a few gemstones to accent my flowers and butterflies.



I chose to watercolor an image.  While this card has fewer layers than I typically use, I have added gold card stock, gold embossing powder and some glitz with glitter to keep it classy and elegant.

Cathy Weber


I was inspired by the beautiful cake in the inspiration photo.

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday,March 31 at Noon (PST).

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Love the colours in the inspirational photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this fun and practical challenge! It's always nice to have birthday card inspiration from your excellent DT cards, as well as in the gallery! I think my card this time is clean and layered. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note that some participants are Google + blogs only and in order to leave a comment, one is required to sign up to Google+. Unfortunately, for those of us who don't want to do that, it means we are unable to leave comments on those wonderful entries. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspiration photo, and samples from the DT.

    ReplyDelete