Sunday, December 1, 2013

Introducing one of our Clean & Layered Artists!

Wow! Thank you to everyone for your positive response to The Card Concept
We are truly excited about this and hope you will enjoy the challenges we have set up! Thank you for following our FACEBOOK page and for sharing the news with your friends!!


Today I am thrilled to announce one of our inspiring designers. 
(I will be announcing the designers every other day all the way up to December 23rd.)

When I think of this designer I think of beautifully coloured images, bright colours and a fresh feel to her projects!

Please welcome, Kay Miller.
Kay will be one of our Clean & Layered artists. 



Hi, I'm Kay Miller. I live in the middle of the Ozark mountains with my sweet hubby, two fabulous kids, and quite an assortment of furry friends. I've been stamping and making cards for almost 20 years now, ever since I wandered into a stamp store in Anacortez, Washington, while visiting my Grandfather. I spent all of my travel money there, and then got into serious trouble for staying too long. From that day forth, I have been hopelessly in love with stamps. I am seriously excited to be on this team of amazing designers, and can't wait to provide you with some inspiration for the clean & layered look!


I asked Kay to share one of her Clean & Layered cards.

Here is the definition of a clean and layered design...it could have one or all of these elements.

Definition:
  • clean lines
  • lots of layers
  • designer papers/embossing
  • embellishments/accents
  • clean and fresh looking
  • some coloured images at times
  • white space


Are you a clean & layered designer too? 

Have you always wanted to try this look?

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kay. I can see why you were asked to be part of this team. You are amazing. I can't wait to see what else you show us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kay! Looking forward to more fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kay! How exciting that you'll be part of this team where we'll have opportunity to try out different styles while, in my case especially, figuring out our own! Broadening horizons - that's what it's all about! Your card here is certainly 'speaking' to me; love the layers, love the clean look. Looking forward to more fabulous creations and inspiration!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahoooo for Kay! Love her style and today's card is simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to follow this group!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice! Kay is amazing and has a fabulous style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cheered out loud when I saw Kay in today's post! YAY! I am a new (huge) fan of hers and adore her style...perfect DT choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Kay. Love your style and look forward to your creations on "the Card Concept". Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Kay :) I've followed you for some time now and love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the sweet comments! I am thrilled to be part of an amazing team of talented designers and such a fun challenge! Can't wait to get started! Thank you Lesley so much for inviting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhh, congrats to Kay AND to Lesley. She sure knew what she was doing when she invited Kay...getting a fabulous cardmaker! Have a great time, Kay. I know I'm excited to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Kay! I adore your style of cardmaking, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations for the upcoming challenges!

    Excellent choice, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, bright card--love all the layers and textures. I think yours may be the style I've been striving towards... This Card Concept thing is going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My Word, Kay ... this card is so yummy -- looking forward to being inspired by your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also cheered out loud when I saw Kay's photo! She is crazy good! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete